Employee, 40 hours per week, Reconciliation Canada, North Vancouver, BC
Reconciliation Canada is an Indigenous-led national organization that catalyzes meaningful relationships through values-based dialogue, leadership, and action. With a vision of “A vibrant Canada where all peoples achieve their full potential and shared prosperity”, we are dedicated to building partnerships with organizations that share our values and guiding principles. We are committed to humanity, building resilience, seeking diverse perspectives, and sharing knowledge. We steward a strong culture based on our core values and reflective of our commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Reconciliation Canada has been engaging individuals, communities, and organizations across the country in reconciliation initiatives, programs, workshops, learning experiences and events since 2012 to advance the work of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC) and help find a New Way Forward. Our collective wellbeing rests with the relationships we build today.
As a diverse and inclusive workplace, we ensure everyone, regardless of who they are or what they do, feel equally involved and supported in all areas of the workplace. In our workplace, you feel welcomed, your ideas and opinions matter, you belong, you feel safe and bring your full and unique self to work.
As a values-based organization, we are open, curious and strive for understanding in a courageous manner.
Core Values & Beliefs
- ‘Namwayut – We are All One
Position Type: Employee, permanent, full time, 40 hours per week
Start date: as soon as possible
Location: Reconciliation Canada Office at 206, 1999 Marine Drive, North Vancouver & remote
Reports to: CEO
The Executive Assistant (EA) reports to and partners with the CEO in organizing schedules and materials in order to focus on the right tasks, priorities, task completion, and meeting deadlines.
As the EA and personal assistant to the CEO, you will perform a variety of tasks including planning, organizing, and managing the CEO’s time. You are an expert at minding and attending to the details. You schedule and plan meetings for multiple people, prepare and brief the CEO for external, team and Board meetings (create agendas, speaking points, gather related documents, develop presentations, send out invites, attend meetings and compile minutes), make travel arrangements, and follow up on outstanding action items.
You support process improvement and efficiencies by creating templates, automating processes, and a work environment in which the use of paper is eliminated or greatly reduced. You monitor and respond to emails, manage the calendar, draft letters, prepare expense reports, schedule appointments and speaking engagements, maintain contact lists, produce reports, manage correspondence and presentation materials.
You have the opportunity to challenge what is, (the status quo), learn about and from others and have courageous conversations (on diverse topics that may be uncomfortable). You are encouraged to bring your whole self to work every day, lean into your voice, share your time and leadership with us. You ask where you can help; whether that’s helping your leader, your team, or your community. You work in a space where you feel comfortable to be yourself.
This role may require you to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Education and Experience
- Work experience in office administration is required
- Demonstrated commitment to reconciliation, justice and wellness
- Proficiency with technology including CRM and Google Workspace
- Excellent communication, strong technical writer and ability to research
- Strong problem solving skills and project management
- Excellent time management with the ability to perform a variety of tasks
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to take the initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Aptitude for quick learning
- Team player, you come from a place of curiosity
- Self-directed, can work independently and have the good judgement to know when collaboration or additional direction will produce better results
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain good relationships, approachable, empathetic, inspire and influence others
- Strong leadership qualities, managing people and workflows for partners, funders, team, board memebrs, and other parties
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion; open to diverse spiritual practices
- Travel is required; able to travel and have a valid driver’s license
- Speaking multiple languages including French is an asset
- Eager to make a difference and have fun!
We offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, wellness days, scheduled office closures, vacation and professional development opportunities.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Join our team
Executive AssistantIf you value a professional work environment that is fast-paced, evolving and challenging with lots of opportunity for development, learning and contribution, we welcome you to learn more about this opportunity. You will join a small and highly agile team that is dynamic, diverse, forward facing and making a difference around the world.
Our collective wellbeing rests with the relationships we build today. We respect the unique needs, perspectives and potential of all our team members. We encourage and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in working with Reconciliation Canada. Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 31st, 2021.